Banana Pancakes, cause doesn't love banana pancakes?
I have tried multiple versions, and variations and I cannot seem to get it right without egg-white. So for now this one isn't vegan, but sure is delicious.
Makes one big portion/2 small portions
- 1/4cup of spelt flower
- 1/4 cup of oats
- 1 banana
- 1 tbsp of chia seeds
- 1 tbsp of protein powder
- 1 egg white
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1/2 cup of milk (I use oat, but use whatever milk you like)
- a dash of cinnamon
1. Combine all ingredients, then blend
2. You want a thick mixture, but feel free to add some more milk if it is too thick for your taste
3. Heat your frying pan over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes before adding the mixture (use a non-sticking pan, that will make your life a lot easier)
4. Add 1/2 tsp of coconut oil
5. When melted add in the mixture - I like to make mine rather small, so that my pancake tower is higher, but feel free to make bigger pancakes
6. Leave for about 2 mins until you can see bubbles all over your pancakes, then flip, and leave for another 1-2 mins. (you want to aim for a golden color)
7. Do this until you have used all your pancake mixture, then stack on top of each other - i like to cut up 1-2 squares (15g) of chocolate and put some in between each layer
8. Topp with: yogurt, fruit (berries, bananas, dried fruit), agave/maple syrup, chocolate, peanut butter, etc.
And ENJOY !