These are so delicious, filling, and good for you. They are also inspired by "Deliciously Ella", who has been one of my favourite bloggers ever since I found my passion for food. She has been such an inspiration, and I love everything about her blog, app, books and delis. (I'll leave the link to her website below).
What you need:
- 1 cup of mashed sweet potato (or use banana as a substitute)
- 1 cup of spelt flower
- 2/3 cup of oat milk
- 1 tsp of chia seeds
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 eggs
- 2 tbsp of coconut sugar (or use liquid sweetener instead)
For the topping
- Agave/maple or honey (for the topping)
- Berries (frozen or fresh)
1. Cut up the sweet potato in small chunks and boil until soft
2. Then add to a blender, and mix all ingredients until a smooth mixture forms (this shouldn't be runny nor too thick - so feel free to add some more flower or milk)
3. In the meantime preheat a non-stick pan over medium-high heat, and add some coconut oil
4. Make sure the pan + coconut oil are well-heated before you pour in the mixture.
5. Use about 2 or 3 tbsp (depending on how big you want your pancakes to be) and use a spoon to spread into a pancake shape
6. Wait until the pancake is not liquid anymore, then flip (after about 2 minutes - but every pan and stove is different, you might need 3-4 minutes)
7. Stack the pancakes on a plate, then top with whatever you like or have at home
8. Share them with your loved ones, and enjoy.
Deliciously Ella: https://deliciouslyella.com