Who doesn't love a smoothie, that doesn't just taste great, but is also packed with one of the greatest superfoods. MATCHA.
Matcha has so many great health benefits.. It aids in preventing heart disease and diabetes type 2; it is really high in antioxidants, protects your liver, boosts brain function, aids in weight loss, and so much more. The only little disadvantage is that it's quite expensive, but hey, you need to invest in your health just like in anything else. A few months back, this Austrian Chef was on the morning radio show, and he said something that I haven't forgotten since, because it is so true.
He was asked: "how can I afford to live healthy, when everything healthy is so expensive.." His answer: "Counterquestion: can you afford to be/get sick?" I love this..
Heres the recipe:
- 1/2-1 frozen banana (depending on how sweet you like it)
- 1-2 tsp of matcha powder (if you're new to matcha, you may want to start with one tsp)
- 4-5 ice cubes
- 1 cup of water or milk (I use half water, half oat milk)
- 1 tbsp of protein (optional - I use yoursuperfoods skinny protein)
- 1/2 tbsp greens (optional - I use yoursuperfoods super greens)
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla powder (optional)